Saturday, January 21, 2012

Escalating Cyber War Spells Trouble for Internet Freedom

This next comment post comes from one of my favorite alternative news websites on the web, Activist Post. I love their tag line below the site name, because sometimes you need to take a break from the usual MSM news fed to us daily.

 http://www.activistpost.com/2012/01/escalating-cyber-war-spells-trouble-for.html

This article is great in debating what is happening with the government's war against the internet and the Anonymous attacks in retaliation to the bring down of Megaupload. I have not thought to consider some of the points raised by the author, so we do not really know who is behind the scenes in either case. I do think I know that the large entertainment industry is the one pushing for SOPA and PIPA, although we will never know who is Anonymous.....because they are truly unknown hacktivists. I still support their efforts in part, only because they continue to support their beliefs & draw attention with their skills that I wish I had barely messing around with computers. This internet experiment must stay open & free if we want the MSM press and the propaganda of the US government to not be the only "facts & truth" being put out there for us citizens.